7.25.2008

Update for yesterday

Sorry I didn't get a chance to post last night. I fell asleep before I could get a chance! Anyway, yesterday was so awesome. Both girls were doing great. Adleigh was still on her CPAP and not having any bradys or apnea. She is still having a little trouble eating, but it has gotten better. She is now on a medicine to help her food go through her digestive system a little faster. I am pretty sure that today they are going to start upping her feedings 1 ml every 9 to 12 hours. So hopefully that will help pass things along since it will be more food pushing through. I was able to hold Adleigh yesterday for over an hour. She did so well. Never desat or dropped her heart rate! She loved it and so did I.

Liana was still doing her thing. She is up to 16 ml on her food and it eating like a champ! Her IV will be taken out later today if it doesn't come out on its own so she will have one less thing attached to her. She is doing so much better on her oxygen. She is still at 3 liters of oxygen and she sats high a lot. She still likes to take really shallow breathes so we need to get her to stop doing that. I was able to kangaroo Liana yesterday but apparently she got way too comfortable and decided that she was going to breathe really shallow so we had to put her back up after 30 minutes or so.

I think that is everything to update you with from yesterday. I will post tonight on what happens today! Thank you for all the continued prayers...God is making these girls stronger each day and we have seen so many miracles with how fast they are progressing!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ferris - you don't know me, but I just wanted to thank you (and Wade) for being so open about your journey with your girls. I just watched your video of Liana and I am STILL crying. She is beautiful. A good friend of mine in Ohio has a preemie who is also making his way through the NICU, and your blog has been a great encouragement to her. Thank you again.

Hopeful said...

Yay! Praise God! A good day!!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for continuing to share your story. It is an encouragement to me too. I am pregnant with our third little boy, but the pregnancy is high-risk and there's a chance we'll have a very early premie too. It's been amazing to see God's work in your little girls.