7.07.2008

Nasal Cannula day

I just want to start out by thanking everyone who has commented on our blog. It is so encouraging to hear that people and families are praying for us. I love hearing about other people's stories of healing and how they have been through what we are going through. These comments have been sources of strength and encouragement to Wade and me. Thank you!

Today I went to see Adleigh first. She did get changed from the crazy CPAP that looked like an elephant nose to the nasal cannula today. She liked it so much better and seemed more comfortable. This infection is really wiping her out. She had the spinal fluid checked today. They will watch the culture to make sure no bacteria is growing so this is a test that we don't want to hear anything back from for awhile! They put her on some more antibiotics...that makes 3 she is on. I have been praying that this bacteria would wither away and die.
Here is Adleigh not feeling so good.


Liana was also put on the nasal cannula today! Just a few days ago she was on the oscillator. She has come so far. She makes the funniest faces and she did a lot better with kangaroo care today. She had another brain scan today and the doctors said the bleed on the left side is continuing to clot and there in no extra fluid in the ventricles. They did see something in the right side of her brain that is either a very small bleed or damage done due to poor circulation when the bleed occurred on the left side. When the doctor told me, I just had this confidence that it didn't matter what the he said because God is going to do something completely amazing in her brain.
We can finally see Liana's face! It kind of looks like she has a little mohawk going on there.

12 comments:

Colleen Gebhardt said...

They are so beautiful Ferris. In the blink of an eye they will be celebrating their first birthdays, and I will get to enjoy them thoroughly in my toddler 1 room in Ekidz and remember all that God has done through them and for them during all of these weeks. They are precious.

lauren said...

hey ferris. you don't know me but my mom is friends with judy wilson who i believe is related to you somehow. anyway, my mom sent me the link to your blog so i could read about your beautiful girls and start praying for you guys! we are from clemson, sc and recently moved to a new church in the atlanta area. my husband is in the ministry as well. anyway, i just wanted to let you know that we are praying for you and your girls. also, through all this you have inspired me to finally start a blog. if you get a chance you can check it out but all in all i hope a ton of my friends will read it and start praying for your girls. thanks for showing me real faith!

Sarah said...

Hey Ferris,
I am so happy to hear about how well the girls are doing! We are praying for you, Wade, and the girls daily (and even my little Preston is praying for Adleigh and Liana :). He likes to look at pictures of them. You are such an inspiration to us all! Church was amazing Sunday! See you soon!

Marie Marsicano said...

Ferris - your girls are beautiful and so, so blessed to be surrounded by such love and support. Colleen is right - soon there will be many celebrations in their lives - the first one being you and Wade bringing them home.

Our God is saying so much to all of us through you and your girls!!!

The Via Colony said...

Just beautiful! Thank you for allowing us to be blessed by your 2 miracles and posting pictures and keeping us updated. My 3-year old has your little girls on her mental prayer list and constantly reminds us to pray for them=)

Anonymous said...

Hey Ferris! Although we have not met, my husband and I have been attending Elevation for 2 years. Your life of faith, devotion, and belief has been incredible to watch and hear about it. You continue to inspire us to trust God in a way that is foreign to many of us. I pray daily for you, Wade, and your beautiful girls. I pray that God will give you strength and peace to face each day. I am confident that God's name and power will be known through this time.

Isaiah 40:30-31
"Even youths grow tired and weary,
and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint"

Rhondi said...

Hi Ferris
I check your blog every day to see the latest report and are standing with you believing for a complete and total healing for both your girls. We love you and Wade even though we don't know you.
Hugs, Rhondi

Anonymous said...

Ferris, they are so beautiful with their dark hair! I'm thrilled things are going well and that God continues to give you and Wade confidence that these two girls will be completely healthy.

Laura Mielke said...

Beautiful babies from the outside in! I am so happy that they are continuing to do better and better!

Anonymous said...

Ferris, I believe you would be shocked if you knew how many people are praying for you, Wade, and your girls! So God gets the glory....

Anonymous said...

What an incredible journey you are on with your girls! Another blog that you might want to check out is http://audreycaroline.blogspot.com/. This mother's story and faith are amazing.

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but someone from your church, Jenn Godwin sent me the link to your site. I want you to know that I was a preemie too just like your twins. I was born at 28 weeks (3 mos. early) in April of 1978. (30 yrs ago). I weighed 2 lbs and 7oz and went down to 1 lb and 9 oz at one point. Anyways, I want you to know that miracles will happen with your littles ones just like me! I am totally fine and have no reprecusions of being born so early other than near sightedness and a small cateract. I still ahve all the needle pricks on my wrists, elbows, and ankles and it amazes me and my parents when we look at the photos and I fit in my dad's hand!! The NICU is awesome and they will be your second home and like family. I still go tot he NICU in Morgantown, WV where I was born to visit! Keep the faith and hang onto all the little miracles everyday. Best wishes to your preemies from a preemie herself!
Sincerly,
Kristen