7.12.2008

Another Infection

We found out today that Liana does have an infection. It looks like it is the same type of bacteria that Adleigh had. We think that they caught Liana's really early since she has been on the antibiotics one day and she already looks like she is feeling much better. They will take another blood culture tomorrow to see if the antibiotics have killed the bacteria. She seemed to be moving around a lot today and wasn't as touchy as she was yesterday, so I believe we will see it come back negative. Her head circumference last night was the same as the day before so the nurses were pretty happy with that. Overall, Liana had a great day despite having this infection. She is such a little fighter! I am amazed at how far God has brought her.

Adleigh had an amazing day today. I got to kangaroo care her which it had been at least 3 days since the last time I held her and she loved it. Wade said she kept trying to look up at me and she was smiling a lot. The time we had with her was the most alert we had ever seen her. She kept looking around and I think that she would look at me and Wade whenever we would say something to her. They started feeding Adleigh again. They were going to watch her very closely to make sure she is able to handle the food and they said at any point they might make her NPO again. So we are going to call soon and see how she has done the rest of the day.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear Adleigh had a great day. I know Wade enjoyed watching you and her bond. Tell Wade to give worship all he's got tomorrow, I know he will just after what God has done for you all just in the past week.

Jessica

Waves of Victory said...

It's very common for preemies to get infections. Carly had 2 bouts of e-coli infection in her blood stream. Before she reached 2 months old. I pray that the antibiotics help and she bounces back real soon. Those babies are such a blessing from God. Hold them and love them every chance you get!! I continue to pray for strength and comfort for you and your husband.

In Christ,
Rachel