7.02.2008

Today was Amazing

God gave me the best day ever! When we arrived at the hospital I found out that Adleigh's PDA opening is now really small. They think that since she is a little older it may close on its own. She is doing so well with breathing that the doctors want to do everything they can to avoid surgery. So we are going to continue waiting and we will see God close up that opening! Then we found out from the doctors that Liana had been taken off the oscillator and is now on the regular ventilator!!! God completely amazed us. We had no idea she would be taken off that soon. She is doing so well with all of the settings and they are weaning her off as fast as possible. They hope to put her on the bubble CPAP either tomorrow or the day after. I can't begin to tell you how thankful I am to God for bringing Liana this far so quickly. Just two days ago we were hearing from the doctors how her lungs were so sick and now with God healing her through the steroids she has progressed so fast.

Wade got to kangaroo care Adleigh tonight and he loved it. He smiled the entire time and when we put her back in her isolette I heard him tell Adleigh that holding her was the greatest thing he has gotten to do. Tonight he got to be a real dad. He held her for a whole hour.
Then to top everything off we went to go visit Liana and our nurse said we could kangaroo care her on the ventilator! She was very squirmy and I think the shirt that I had on wasn't the most comfortable to her so it didn't last too long. But just getting to hold my daughter (that has gone through so much) for the first time on her two week birthday was completely amazing. I was the proudest mama ever and I can't wait to hold her again. I can now say that after them being two weeks old I have held both of my daughters. Praise our gracious God! I can't believe how good He has been to us.

17 comments:

Anonymous said...

We should have a great day today.

Anonymous said...

Ferris this is wonderful!! I am so happy you were able to hold those sweet girls. We love you guys and are continually praying for you!!!
- Meredith

mommy of 2 said...

I just happened upon your blog while clicking away at other blogs I've found and WOW! Your girls are amazing gifts to you, your husband, and the world! It's amazing what the tinest ones can accomplish with God's help. WOW!

Michelle Jamie said...

Praise the Lord for answered prayer!

Colleen Gebhardt said...

WOW Ferris! I am checking this at 3:30am because I was thinking about your babies. They are doing so wonderful! What an awesome day for all of you! Praise God!

Mandy Cornick said...

I found your blog through another blog and wanted to let you know that I've been following your story. I'm so inspired and amazed by you and your husband. Know that you and your little girls are being prayed for and thought of often. I was very happy and thankful to read about the good reports you had today. God Bless you both!

Kari said...

God is good! What an amazing post and such great pictures! Im praying for even more days like this!

Marie Marsicano said...

Ferris - what AWESOME news!!! What an amazing God we all serve.

I am learning so much from you and Wade through your faith. You were so right in saying His mission for you now is to spread His word.

I will continue praying for you and your family.

Phillip said...

I can't tell you how much I am celebrating for the four of you right now. Anita and I have been praying along with our new church family that God would continue to act on your behalf. You are great parents and I am so grateful to be able to pray for you. Congratulations!

Hopeful said...

Praise God!! Truly!! He IS faithful!! Ben and I have been in constant prayer for your family!!

wildflowers and sweet tea said...

your faith is inspiring! Take lots of pictures. Our daughter had a heart problem when she was born and now we look back at the pictures of that time and marvel at all God has brought us through. Later in life you'll do the same. Praise God! We are praying for your family.
-megan, a fellow elevator

Anonymous said...

I was thrilled to see the pics of you and Wade holding your precious little girls. I am praying for their healing and for your strength! May the SUN STAND STILL!!!

Nika said...

Ferris,
I do not know you or Wade but know that I have been following your journey with the girls and have been praying for you all.

What wonderful news indeed. :-) It is only time before your precious angels will be home from the hospital with you--continue to trust and keep looking UP.

You two are amazing....your girls are amazing..

Love and Blessings (from Columbia-"The Metro")-
Nika

Anonymous said...

Praise God!
:)
Happy 2 week birthday, Liana & Adleigh!

Anonymous said...

Ferris and Wade,
You are in my thoughts and prayers. It is really amazing to see God at work through your precious baby girls. Everytime I go to the blog....more blessings from God. Praying for you!
Megan Smith

Anonymous said...

Ferris-I am so glad you got to hold your sweet girls. I will continue to pray.... Love, Jess

Anonymous said...

What wonderful news!!! I am so happy to hear they are progressing so well. Much love and preyrs to your beautiful family.