7.18.2008

All PDAs are closed!

Adleigh's surgery went really well! She was scheduled for 9:15 so we got there at 8:00 am to be with her a little bit before surgery. At 10:00 our nurse called to see where the doctor was and we found out he had to do an emergency heart transplant and then another surgery before Adleigh so it would be between 1 and 2 that we would have the surgery. So around 1 she had it and the doctor told us that her PDA was HUGE! It is a miracle that she was breathing so well with a very large PDA open. So once she recovers from her surgery she should do even better with her breathing and with eating.

Liana had a good day today. I got to hold her for about an hour and she did okay. She desatt a little bit so we decided she had enough for the day and let her rest. Our prayer for her is that she will have her brain completely healed with no swelling or fluid build-up. She has reached 4 ml on her feeding which is good.

Adleigh weighs 3 lbs 4 ounces now and Liana weighs 2 lbs 8 ounces. I actually called Adleigh a chunk the other day. I mean when does a 3 lb baby qualify as a chunk?!?

4 comments:

The Via Colony said...

So glad the surgery is over and that it went so well. We will pray for a quick and complete recovery.

Waves of Victory said...

Hey guys! So glad the surgery went well. And thoses babies are getting big. When Carly reached 3 lbs I called her a chunky monkey although most other people though I was crazy....but when you start out so small it's chunky to you!!! LOL Praying that you have many more great days to come! Grow babies grow!!!

Anonymous said...

You don't know me, but I am praying for you guys. I also had a preemie and everyone thinks I am crazy for calling her chunky, but when they start out so little, they look HUGE to you!!! Hang in there, God is on your side. We will continue to pray for the girls.

Anonymous said...

I am so very glad the surgery went well! I was praying hard for you guys! Hang in there....and it sounds like your girls are growing well. One day they will be so big you won't know where all that chunk came from. My little one was 2lbs 3ozs when he was born, now is is 4lbs. 9ozs...and big! It's weird.

Denise