Today started like any other normal NICU day. The girls were doing great and basically just chilling out. Then we had the echo cardiogram for Adleigh and I got a call from the cardiologist saying that the echo showed her PDA was pretty large and they were going to do surgery on it tomorrow morning. My heart sank. This was not the news I wanted to hear. But when I went in to see Adleigh I talked to the neonatologist she said that the surgery wouldn't be tomorrow and they were going to wait until her antibiotics are finished and then have another echo to check it. Then Wade went in later and the nurse told him that the neonatologist and the cardiologist haven't spoken yet and that the surgery may or may not happen tomorrow. So we are pretty sure the surgery won't happen, but it has just been super confusing. Please pray they will wait until the antibiotics are finished and that the follow-up echo will show the PDA is completely closed.
Then we found out Liana's blood culture came back positive after 48 hours so they are checking on the antibiotics and considering taking out her PCVC (a more permanent IV line). They did all this with Adleigh so we know what is going on, but we really thought that Liana would have a negative blood culture. We are praying that this infection would be wiped out and that Liana can just focus on eating and growing some more.