7.15.2008

PDA in full force

Today started like any other normal NICU day. The girls were doing great and basically just chilling out. Then we had the echo cardiogram for Adleigh and I got a call from the cardiologist saying that the echo showed her PDA was pretty large and they were going to do surgery on it tomorrow morning. My heart sank. This was not the news I wanted to hear. But when I went in to see Adleigh I talked to the neonatologist she said that the surgery wouldn't be tomorrow and they were going to wait until her antibiotics are finished and then have another echo to check it. Then Wade went in later and the nurse told him that the neonatologist and the cardiologist haven't spoken yet and that the surgery may or may not happen tomorrow. So we are pretty sure the surgery won't happen, but it has just been super confusing. Please pray they will wait until the antibiotics are finished and that the follow-up echo will show the PDA is completely closed.

Then we found out Liana's blood culture came back positive after 48 hours so they are checking on the antibiotics and considering taking out her PCVC (a more permanent IV line). They did all this with Adleigh so we know what is going on, but we really thought that Liana would have a negative blood culture. We are praying that this infection would be wiped out and that Liana can just focus on eating and growing some more.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Ferris,
Just wanted to let you know that I am praying for you. Lauren has surgery this Friday. As a mom, you never want your little one to go through that kind of stuff. Amazing things happened when Lauren was in the NICU. Things that couldn't be explained away by a doctor. I know your faith will affect those around you and He will use those little girls in mighty ways. I see it everyday with Lauren and I know the same will happen for you. You're doing great and I am honored to know you!

hope*ever said...

definitely will be praying for all you guys! <3, mellie

Anonymous said...

Ferris and Wade,
Phil and I are praying for you and your precious little girls! They are so beautiful. We trust in a God that is SOOO much bigger than are...and I am so grateful for that. We love you.

Cindy and Phil Miller (Trevor's folks!)

Anonymous said...

We do not know each other but have mutal friends... I will pray for your girls every day they are so beautiful.

I was 2months early( in 1979) but I was pretty healthy. I was 2lbs 12 oz. I spent some time in the nicu. 8 1/2 yrs later my mother had my sister 2 1/2 months early and weight 2lbs 14 oz. She spent 4 months in the nicu.
It is so hard but I know you are surrounded by wonderful people who want the best for your girls.
Keep up the good work! Mom and Dad
from a family who has been there,
God Bless

Melissa Driggers said...

Hey Ferris and Wade,

LOTS of prayers continue to go up for you and those precious girls. Thank you for taking so much time and care to send updates so that we can pray for specific needs. It is such an honor and privilege to see these pictures and pray for these precious little girls.

Love to you guys,
Melissa