7.17.2008

The day before surgery

We found out Adleigh is having surgery around 9:15. We are going to get there early to spend some time with her before the surgical team comes in. Adleigh was doing great today. She actually went down to 4 liters of oxygen and seemed to really like it. I kangarooed her for almost 3 hours today! She needed some mommy time since she is going to be in surgery.

Liana had a pretty good day today as well. She seems to be desating a little more than she used to, but with them being so young their lungs just aren't mature yet so it is a back and forth game with everything. She is going up on her feedings now. She is at 2 ml now and will go up a ml every 12 hours. She did great the first time before her infection so I think she is going to get to full feeds this time and hopefully get the PCVC tube taken out soon. Speaking of infection her blood culture came back negative after 48 hours. We are so happy about this.

Check out sweet little Adleigh today.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

hello, I came across your blog as I was trying to find preemie parents to connect with. My son Parker was born 11 weeks early in May and is now 7 weeks old and still in the hospital. He is doing great, but I am really wanting to connect with other preemie parents because unfortunately, most people don't understand.

I have friends that go to elevation church (or went at least) their names are Matt and amanda uher, I don't know if you know them or not, but they are always saying great things about it!

I would love to get to know you better! I have a blog as well: http://web.mac.com/parker.northern, feel free to stop by anytime for updates!

I will keep reading yours as I love to hear other's story of faith and hope!

Denise Northern

Michelle Jamie said...

Hi Ferris,

I will be praying today. My son came only 3 weeks early and had minor complications. At 8 weeks he had to have a minor op. It was only supposed to last one hr but went on for 4. I was so flipped out by that because the surgeon had given me the risk involved. I can only imagine what it must be like for a preemie.

Hoping you feel the peace of God as you wait for Adleigh to come back to NICU.

Serving you in prayer
Michelle

Anonymous said...

Hey Ferris! I have been reading about you and the beautiful twins. Last night I had a bought of insomnia. Not unusual. Instead of lying there feeling sorry for myself (not unusual) I spent a lot of time praying for your lovely little ones. I hope that this finds you and your new family happy, healthy and on the mend.
Peace and love,
Tim O'Keefe - Mt. Horeb

Sara P.B. said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Megan said...

brandon and i are praying for her, her surgeons, nurses, and you both today!

Anonymous said...

FERRIS,
WE,VE BEEN KEEPING UP WITH WHATS GOING WITH THE GIRLS HERE. JUDY WILSON KEEPS US UP TO DATE. WE ALL ARE PRAYING FOR THE GIRLS , YOU AND WADE. OUT HEARTS,S ARE WITH YOU, SOUNDS TO ME YOU,RE REALLY STRONG ,I,M SURE THE LORD,S HELPING WITH THAT! I,M SO PROUD AND HAPPY FOR YOU . YOU,LL STAY IN OUR PRAYERS DAILEY.
CATHY SIMPSON AAND FAMILY