6.13.2007

Robots in Disguise

Wade and I hung out with our dear friend Will Troutman last night. It was an honor. He happened to bring over the animated Transformer movie and I watched some of it.

My conclusion is that Transformers are really cool toys. I mean who doesn't want to have a toy that can be a robot one minute and then a moving vehicle the next. But when you put this in the movie it seems sort of weird. Like the Autobots would transform into a car only to ride for 0.6 seconds and then turn back into the robot. It was like they were just giving us a token transformation instead of one that was needed in order to save the universe or something.
But if you can get past that then don't you think it is weird that the Autobots (the good guys) get all the stupid transformations (small cars, microscope, etc) and the bad guys have all the cool ones (jet, airplanes, the "Destroyer").

All that being said, I am excited about the new movie coming out. The Autobots look a little cooler and I think Hollywood can turn it into a blockbuster. I still think the Decepticons win the cool factor with the jet fighter planes.

No comments: