6.18.2007

Jellicle Cats


Well I am back from my adventure to see CATS! My mom, sister and I had a great time and I was so glad that I went.


You need to know that back in the day when I was in high school my sister bought the CATS DVD. Of course for the DVD they picked the best performers for each of the roles and we had very high expectations of what the live version would be. And for the live version I was actually very impressed. We had great seats and everyone's voices sounded wonderful.


However, there were a few things that I thought could have been better. The biggest letdown being the character Mistoffelees (one of my favorite characters). He is supposed to be the most agile of the cats because in his number he does a lot of leaps and turns and toetouches. However, his turns were low, the leaps crooked, and NO toetouches. How sad.


But the showing revived my love for CATS the musical and I really want to have my own version of the DVD now. A CD wouldn't hurt either so I can try and belt out "Memories" in the car by myself.

3 comments:

Sharlie said...

I had a blast!!! I'm glad you made it home okay!
Hmmmm...maybe the Cats dvd could be a birthday gift???

Love you!!!
Sharlie

Anonymous said...

I want the CATS dvd too, with John Partridge in it , right? Is that the one you are talking about ? If so I want it too. MoM

Unknown said...

Sounds like a good birthday gift to me! And whatever the one Sharlie had is the one I want.