6.25.2007

8 kids

Last night was night #1 of Wade being out of town. He will be back Thursday night and I hate him being gone! But somehow whenever he leaves I turn on the TV and that is the channel it will stay on all day. Recently (for some unknown reason) I would put it on the Disney Channel. Yes, I know I am 22 almost 23 and that sounds ridiculous, but I guess I enjoyed the clean, comedic shows like Hannah Montana and That's So Raven. But this time I worked a channel that doesn't make me sound 14. I watched TLC.
I guess they had some marathon or something on, but I watched a few episodes of the show John and Kate Plus 8. I can't believe this show. I mean these parents take care of 8 children. Two twins who are 7 now and 6 sextuplets that are 3. After seeing a few episodes and reading the website, you can see that they have trusted God through all this. They love each one of their children immensely and do everything they can to provide a normal life for them. One of the things that impressed me the most was when Kate surprised John with a trip to Key West for his birthday. They left the kids with friends and family members and took off for 5 days. In the show Kate tells how that was a lot of money for them to do the trip since they have to provide for 8 kids, but that she knew it was an investment for their marriage. Even with 8 children she and her husband take time to do some things just for themselves.
After watching the show, I love the idea of having more kids than just the typical two, but I don't think I could handle 8 like these parents can. They deserve some mad props.

1 comment:

Will and Sarah said...

Hey Ferris, just curious, how did you like Sarah?