6.12.2007

Chapter 5

I am still going through 1 Samuel and since I am reading it chronologically the plan throws in some Psalms every now and then. I really like seeing what David is going through and then reading what he possibly what he wrote is his "journal" during those specific times.

I just finished reading about when Saul is trying to kill David so Jonathan tells him he has to leave. You know that David had to think that everything was over. He knew in the back of his head that Samuel anointed him as king, but I mean he was running for his life. He had to be freaking out.
We all know the end of the story. Saul dies and David becomes a great king. The greatest king Israel ever knew. And eventually from his line came Jesus. There is no greater honor than that.

So it is easy to think that when you are going through a rough time that there is no way out. You are running for you life and you don't see how God will bring it back together. But you do remember that God has anointed you with a purpose. Just know that God is looking at chapter 48 while you are only in chapter 5.

2 comments:

Megan said...

i just read this awesome book that talks a lot about that! it is called "a tale of three kings" by gene edwards.

Will and Sarah said...

Just thought I'd let you know that I just blogged for the second time in a week. Like I said, you are the blog inspiration.