9.07.2008

Sunday Morning

Today is the last day of the Daniel Fast. This also marks the last Sunday of our Gospel series and I am so excited to hear what Pastor Steven has to say to us. I am praying that even more people come to know Christ today. This fast was pretty hard just finding the time to prepare stuff and knowing that we couldn't make a run to Chic-fil-a when we were getting home at 9pm from the hospital, but it was so good to put my desire for food behind my desire for my God and use my time to pray for my church.

Adleigh, like always, is having a rough time recovering from her surgery. She kept looking like she was in pain and was having more bradys so now she is on a fentanyl drip (constant pain medication). So before she can be taken off the ventilator she now has to be weaned off her pain medications. So maybe in a couple of days she will be off. She is retaining A LOT of fluid. She basically gained a lb in 2 days and she looks extremely puffy. But the surgeon came by to look at her and said everything looked great on their end and she is recovering well from the incision.

The doctors went ahead and put Liana on a mixture of rice cereal and breast milk. Even with her reflux meds it just seemed that the breast milk was too light for her to keep down. With every feeding they would possibly have up to 15 ml of breast milk come up which is almost half of her food. So hopefully with this new combination of reflux meds and rice cereal she will be able to keep her food down which will ultimately take away her bradys. I am so glad that we are finally treating her reflux and I just know she is on her way to coming home!!!

2 comments:

Tim O'Keefe said...

Still thinking and praying for all of you.

TIm O'Keefe

Anonymous said...

My oldest son had reflux. He was not a premie, but it was still very frustrating. We were on meds for a while, but were able to cure the reflux by taking him to a chiropractor. I know it sounds a little out there, but there are chiropractors who specialize in working on babies and children. It's very gentle and it worked beautifully and quickly. Here's an article: http://ezinearticles.com/?Chiropractic-And-Reflux&id=856372