I had plans to write my post early, but I have just been so exhausted today. The girls have had a great day today with all of their vitals. We found out that Adleigh's PDA has not closed yet. They don't want to do another course of the medication so we were given the options to wait it out or to do surgery. She is doing so well with her breathing that the doctor feels that hers could possibly go away on its own with time. So the plan is to watch her today, tomorrow, and so on to see if her breathing keeps getting better or worse. I specifically prayed over Adleigh's isolette that no surgery would be needed and that her PDA will close quickly.
Liana will have her echocardiogram tomorrow to see if her PDA is closed. If hers is not the doctors recommend that she immediately go into the surgery because her lungs cannot handle all the extra blood flow. We are praying hard for her that this PDA will be completely closed tomorrow and stay closed! She needs this so bad because she has more trouble breathing than her sister does. Our God is our healer and we know that He has Liana and Adleigh's health securely in His hands. Join us in praying tomorrow for their PDAs! Also, Liana had her bilirubin mask taken off today since she was no longer on phototherapy treatments and we finally got to see her beautiful little face. I don't think anyone could find two more gorgeous babies than mine!