So I found this puzzle today on a design site. I haven't figured it out but I thought that some people might like to try out the puzzle. I will put up the answer to the puzzle on Friday as an update to this entry! Enjoy!
This brainteaser, reportedly written by Albert Einstein is difficult and Einstein said that 98% of the people in the world could not figure it out. Which percentage are you in?
There are five houses in a row in different colors. In each house lives a person with a different nationality. The five owners drink a different drink, smoke a different brand of cigar and keep a different pet, one of which is a Walleye Pike.
The question is-- who owns the fish?
1. The Brit lives in the red house.
2. The Swede keeps dogs as pets.
3. The Dane drinks tea.
4. The green house is on the left of the white house.
5. The green house owner drinks coffee.
6. The person who smokes Pall Malls keeps birds.
7. The owner of the yellow house smokes Dunhills.
8. The man living in the house right in the center drinks milk.
9. The man who smokes Blends lives next to the one who keeps cats.
10. The Norwegian lives in the first house.
11. The man who keeps horses lives next to the one who smokes Dunhills.
12. The owner who smokes Bluemasters drinks beer.
13. The German smokes Princes.
14. The Norwegian lives next to the blue house.
15. The man who smokes Blends has a neighbor who drinks water.
There are no tricks, pure logic will get you the correct answer. And yes, there is enough information to arrive at the one and only correct answer.
Here is the answer: Highlight it and see!
And now the answer:
the german owns the fish
and here's how:
First House:norwegian,yellow, water, dunhill, cats
Second House:dane, blue, tea, blends, horses
Third house:brit, red, milk, pall mall, birds
Fourth house:german, green, coffee, princes, FISH
Fifth house:swede,white, beer, bluemasters, dogs