8.26.2007

It's Sunday?

I don't think ever in my life have I been sitting at my house waiting to go to church. As I was growing up, I would wake up on Sundays to someone banging on my door saying, "Ferris you are going to be late to church if you don't get up." We all know teenagers are barely awake during their Sunday School time and it is a constant struggle to keep them engaged. I wonder why we didn't start church later?

Well today Wade woke up at 5 AM after both of us having a hard time of sleeping and got ready to go to church. He pulled out of our house at 5:37 AM and I couldn't believe how early it was! In Mt. Horeb days I thought getting up at 6:15 was early! Well anyway, thankfully I got to go back to sleep and woke up at 8:20 to Scooter scratching on his crate telling me he was ready to get up. So I got ready and I have just been sitting around waiting to go to the 11:30 service.

So right now I am praying for Wade who was getting ready for three services at 6 AM and who will finish things out when I am just then making it to church. Boy do I love Elevation!

1 comment:

Rick said...

Great story for this morning. I'm sitting at home, since my wife got up and left early for our church's first service and her turn in the preschool ministry. But as the kids and I got ready to head out the door for 2nd service, we discovered no keys - hoping she took my keys and someone didn't snatch them. So we're here at home with no keys - and she has them, all is well with the world.

Hope y'all have a good Sunday @ Elevation. Found your blog through George N's Tighty Whitey site. Small world :)