12.16.2008

We need your prayers

Wade has written about this already, but I wanted to put it on my blog as well.

Yesterday we went for a cranial ultrasound to check Liana's brain. We go to these like every two months or so and yesterday's results there were not good. Liana's left ventricle has been enlarged from the bleed, but when we saw this scan it had gotten substantially bigger. The scariest reason could be that the ventricle has gotten clogged with the blood resolving and the spinal fluid that is made there is swelling the ventricle. The only way to remedy this is to put a shunt in the brain. When she had her bleed, surrounding brain tissue was affected. So another reason is we might be seeing that affected brain tissue dying and in its place is just fluid now.

Either way, we are continuing to pray for a miracle. I am praying that this will just give her a bigger platform so that God can show the doctors something impossible happen in her brain. I am praying that a scan will show that nothing is wrong and they will wonder if they got the right baby's chart. Please rally with us to pray for sweet Liana.

We go today at 1:45 to get the CT scan and then discuss everything with our neurosurgeon afterwards. Please pray for us during that time.

Also, our dear friends the Freemans need your prayers. Please go to their blog to know more about Kayleigh's situation.

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ferris, we are praying for you guys today and believing with you for a miracle.

Patience Leino said...

We at C3 Church are praying for your sweet Liana & entire family as you walk this journey with her. May God give you wisdom & peace each step of the way.

::Patience Leino

Anonymous said...

Praying SUN STAND STILL prayers for Liana today...

~Sarah W.

Charlotte Wedding Photographer - The Schultzes said...

This just breaks me heart. For sure will be praying for you guys.

♥ Karen Luke ♥ said...

Praying for you guys....It is 1:28 and I am concentrating on Liana for the next little bit and praying hard for a miracle!!!
Karen Luke

Anonymous said...

My office and I are praying for little Liana Hope and a healthy report. May the Lord pour his blessings out on your whole family.

Natalie H. said...

When I realized it was 1:45 I began praying for Liana. The radio was on in the background, as soon as I began praying aloud the station went dead leaving a quiet environment for me to go to the Lord on Liana's behalf. Coincidence? I don't think so- as soon as I said Amen the station came back on loud and clear! This is Natalie Bishop, now Hickman, who led your mission trip to Haiti, I have been following your blog since the girls births. You all have been in and remain in my prayers. - Natalie

Anonymous said...

Ferris & Wade
We are praying for you guys. Our God is a good God. Liana is such a fighter ! Your family has provided such hope to so many parents. May you & Wade be blessed with positive news.

Chuck & Vanessa Denny

Megan said...

we are praying for you and liana today.

Anonymous said...

Praying God showed Himself in a Mighty way today!!

Carly Marie said...

We are praying down here in Australia. Wishing you peace too
xxxx