10.30.2006

Looking Back

As I was talking to Wade yesterday, I mentioned how I wish I had thought the way I do now back when I was in high school. I guess we hear stuff like this all the time, but I look at our youth and see what potential they have in making a difference at school. As the youth minister's wife I am kind of expected to make sure everyone feels welcome, but just think if I had thought that way in school. I could have been the person that sat at lunch with someone who didn't have many friends, or I could have made sure that I became friends with the new girl at school so I could show her the love of Christ instead of being jealous that she got all the guys, or I could have made sure I said "hello" to all the younger students in my youth group when I saw them at school instead of making the excuse that we aren't really friends. There are so many things our youth can do to make a difference in the lives of students around them. I pray that we are showing them how to do this and that we are raising leaders who can look back and know that they followed Christ's example in high school.

So now I look at today...am I making sure that I am following Christ's example in my workplace, around teenagers, in everyday life? I know that there is so much more that I could do and I will continue to pray that I am not missing opportunities to make a difference in lives around me.

No comments: