4.22.2008

Chick-fil-a

The other week Wade and I were on our way out of town and we decided to stop at Chick-fil-a to grab lunch at the drive-thru. I think most of us are fans of Chick-fil-a. I mean they have tasty chicken sandwiches and those hand-spun milkshakes. What more could you really ask for?

Well that afternoon the line was especially long. They had two guys stationed outside, one was going around asking if people needed a menu to look at in their car and the other was taking the orders. As we were waiting to give our order the menu guy came up to us and asked if we wanted any mints. I immediately told Wade to get them since I love mints and was so excited about how Chick-fil-a is really thinking about its customers. Well after a few seconds the guy came back and asked if we had a puppy in the car. Of course Scooter was in the back seat in his crate going with us out of town and we thought he might just say cute dog or something. Instead he reached in his pocket and took out a dog biscuit. What?!?! A dog biscuit at Chick-fil-a? That is amazing. Scooter gobbled it up and was loving life. And I of course go into this long drawn out speech to Wade about how amazing I think Chick-fil-a is because it has dog biscuits handy for its customers' dogs. I was very impressed.

Then fast forward about a week later. We ate a Chick-fil-a again. It started raining pretty hard outside and out of the corner of my eye I see two guys outside with umbrellas running up to their customers to walk them from their cars to the restaurant or vice versa. Maybe it is the pregnancy hormones but I got a little emotional seeing these guys help out their customers. Sure it is just good business, but what other restaurants (fast food ones at that) go out of their way to make sure you (and maybe your dog) have a pleasant experience when you dine with them? Most expensive restaurants wont walk you to your car when it rains!

So thank you Chick-fil-a for all your do and for thinking of the little things that can make someone's day just a little bit easier.

4 comments:

Rick said...

I don't know - makes me want to check my sandwich and waffle fries next time I order drive-thru. Better not be any kibble in there. :) Good story.

dawn said...

just wait until you and wade have your little blessing with you at chik fil a. their service for moms with kids and families is outstanding. when i am by myself with my crew, there is always someone there to help with my tray or refills or getting the kids ice cream. i agree chik fil a is great! although, it is hard to eat there when i am craving a burger!

Anonymous said...

That's awesome to hear. Makes me hungry too. It's always good to go to Chik-fil-a... I see these actions all reflecting back to the foundations of the chain with a Christian founder. :) Nice to see somethings don't "get lost in the mix" and busyness of running a "fast food" chain.

chadisrael said...

Have you seen this new Chick-Fil-A site?

www.itslinnertime.com

I love Chick-Fil-A & they always do cool stuff for the folks that love their product like this.

You can even upload your own Chick-Fil-A video!!!