8.24.2014

Headed to the ER with kid #2

Just when you think thing are crazy, things get a little crazier. Friday night I was snuggling up with Liana while she slept. Around 12 am the nurses came to check on her and I fell back asleep. Then 2 hours later, Wade's phone starts going off. My first thought is why in the world does Wade have an alarm set for the middle of the night. He then hands me the phone and Wade's mom is on the other end. I hear the words, "Sydney's entire tube has come out!"If you know anything about g-tubes the actual button came out and the balloon of saline was still full!Her tube has only been in for a week and a half and the doctors had told us unless it had been a month to not attempt to put it back in because it could push the stomach away from the abdominal wall. So Bev, Howard, Adleigh and Syd headed up to the children's ER. I made my way from our floor to meet them.In all this, Sydney was fine and happy. I opened the door and she smiled at me and said hi. Thankfully, they saw us quickly since these stomach holes can close up quickly if the tube is out. The doctor was able to place a tube back in and it went in easily. I was thanking the Lord for sparing us another surgery. We were in the ER for for about 3 hours and Sydney went back home and I headed back upstairs. 

There were so many emotions going on. I felt horrible that I wasn't there for Sydney, horrible that I had to leave Liana. I was so nervous that we might have to have a surgery if Sydney's hole had closed. How would we handle Liana being in one room and Sydney in another and still have Adleigh at home? I laughed at how crazy this all was...I mean how often do these things happen at the same time? But during it all I reminded myself that God has his hand on our family. I don't need to be in control because He is. The next day my friend Beth sent me this verse:
But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all-surpassing power is from God and not from us. We are hard pressed on every side, but not crushed; perplexed, but not in despair;persecuted, but not abandoned; struck down, but not destroyed. 2 Corinthians 4:7-9
Even when we feel like everything is happening at once, when we feel we may get crushed or pressed from every side, we can overcome because of the all-surpassing power of God is in us. I am not expected to be able to overcome but Jesus can. He can lift us up, give us the strength and peace to overcome and we can share it with others. I know there are a lot of things other people are going through that are far more crushing than ours, but if sharing our story can give you hope to trust in the Lord then I want to be obedient. 

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Oh, Ferris. I have no words. You are the strongest woman I know and I LOVE you! Prayers for your entire family!